Railway Museum - Boiler house facility Lienz
The architect Wilhelm von Flattich – who was in charge of high-rise structures along the Brenner- and Pustertal railways back then - had a three-track and 94 m long depot with two annexes as well as a roundhouse with a turntable for steam locomotives built. This boiler house facility existed to this extent until 1945.
With the end of the use of diesel traction vehicles due to electrification of the railway line Spittal-Millstättersee - Franzensfeste in May 1989, the need for stationing and associated maintenance of locomotives of the last 118 years in Lienz was no longer required - the electric traction vehicles by ÖBB (Austrian Federal Railway) used here since are stationed in Villach and Innsbruck where they are also maintained.
Today, the old Lienz boiler house which enjoys landmark status houses the association "Association of railway friends in Lienz" which exhibits various vehicles and publications from times long gone there, which can also be viewed.